Master EQ cutoff (30Hz to 13-14KHz) after or before Maximus plugin? (above or underneath) [RESOLVED]

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kirasaitru
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm

0 x

Master EQ cutoff (30Hz to 13-14KHz) after or before Maximus plugin? (above or underneath) [RESOLVED]

So, when I am done mixing and have adjusted all volumes and channel plugins etc, I'll continue to the Master track where I add Maximus to master my song/finalize it.
I suffer from Tinnitus, and I can't hear anything above 13-14000 Hz. So I wanna cut off all high freq over 13-14000 Hz so I dont get any sounds in my track that I cant hear. I usually use Fruity Parametric EQ2 for this, choosing the preset: 30Hz-18KHz cut. But I noticed some changes in the song volume etc after adding that EQ2 cutoff, and I added it above the Maximus plugin. Shouldn't cutoff EQ's always be on the top of the plugins on the Master channel? The cutoff was set using the preset, no changes done to the decibel (it was set to 0 - standard).

Should the final EQ cut maybe lie underneath the Maximus plugin? The last plugin track should always be the limiter, FL says in the documentation.

Also one last thing, this is the song I am referring to: https://instaud.io/3atY
Could you listen and give feedback if the song has too much high pass? And if you notice any strange high freq sounds? :P
Sometimes I feel I give my songs too much high pass, other times too little lol. I guess in the end, everyone has their own preferences when ether too much or to little high pass. I was happy about the quality of the song though (remix).

Thanks for any help in advance :) Cheers! :D
Last edited by Kirasaitru on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”