Mini Pyle PMIDIKPD50/Worlde mini /Arturia minilab link to relative controller

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here.

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ggray
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:21 pm

0 x

Mini Pyle PMIDIKPD50/Worlde mini /Arturia minilab link to relative controller

If you own any of the controllers listed in the subject heading above, I found this site to be of the best assistance when trying to make the "link to controller" function work in FLS:
https://www.arturia.com/faq/minilab/minilab-first-use

Even though the webite is run by "Arturia" you'll notice that all three models of the mini USB controllers look identical (although their firmware may be different so tread cautiously if considering making drastic changes). Anyhow, the site explains that their model in particular (I have the Pyle version of the controller and got no help from customer service so i did some investigation myself) ships with a "relative mode" and an "absolute mode" which affects how the controller will interface with a DAW [FLS]. Basically a user can change between the two modes by pressing the "Shift" button and pad #1 or #2 depending on which makes it work with your setup.

What I did was:
1. Start FLS 20 with the controller plugged in
2. Attempt to link a controller by the standard method (right clicking a DAW encoder> (in the pop-up choose) "Link to controller...> and subsequently turning an encoder on the hard controller). The pop-up disappears and you should see your plugin encoder malfunction by only moving slightly when the USB encoder is turned. Not good!
3. Now go to options> MIDI settings and at the "input" section you should see the controller you're using (in my case my Pyle controller is listed as "CTRL"). Leave this window open and do the next step...
4. On your USB mini controller press the buttons "SHIFT" and pad "#1" at the same time.
5. Click "refresh device list" in the lower left corner of the window and then close that popup.
6. Repeat step #2 above (link to a controller) and you should see your plugin encoder move correctly and proportional to the movement of the hard controller on your device. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
7. THIS STEP IS ESSENTIAL... Do ya two step to your favorite song throwin' ya hands up!!!!!

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”