Syncing "magic" and other issues.

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
CrimSun
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:14 pm

x

Syncing "magic" and other issues.

Finally, I decided to install the demo version of FL Studio to see if I could bring out my projects to PC or at least export them so they could be worked in another DAW. What I found was nothing but frustration. While the connection process is pretty painless, syncing your app to FL Studio looks and feel like IL is trying to pass the process as "magic". First of all, why you have no choice over how to sync your stuff other than either only sync everything or just what I have? Second, why does it need to scan everything my phone has on the second option? Also, the progress bar and info is nothing short of obscure, as it doesn't offer any useful progress information. I was also unable to cancel out of the "sync everything" option. I had to close the app, then force close it because apparently it still syncs even in the background.

Once that was half-assedly figured out (my projects appeared on the FL Studio plugin anyways, despite me cancelling both sync attempts), you then get to the pain of "taking your projects to your next level". The plugin playback is tied to the pattern you have selected and you can't drag and drop events between the plugin and FL Studio. How one is even supposed to "take their projects to the next level" when you can't seamlessly go from the plugin to the DAW and vice-versa? If I knew that would be the case beforehand, I wouldn't have installed the FL Studio demo and synced my stuff, since apparently, the plugin is its own little world separate from the DAW it's supposed to integrate well with.

It seems I'll be either using FL Studio Mobile as its own standalone thing in the foreseeable future or using Bandlab if I want that kind of integration between DAW and mobile app.

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”