Producers with experience Coping with Depression.

Post everything that's off-topic for the other boards here.

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
The FL Studio Ghost
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm

0 x

Producers with experience Coping with Depression.

May edit this post later.

Figured this is a taboo post because it seems to be a taboo subject with producers in general outside of very close friendships.. but even then it seems less far less likely of music Producers to admit when they're depressed. Even close friends. & I get it.

but how do you guys moderate it when you deal with it when you have to (if you do)? In the DAW (when you can) or out? I've been given really helpful advice over the years and often the most helpful things to hear involve the reason why the strategies to moderate depression work more than what they are. I'm just curious if people have wisdom to share. One freind told me the best thing he found just sever the connection mentally by interrupting it with a distraction like a kids movie or something. Throw on a pixar film with headphones. Disrupt that negativity. It is tough tho but more often than not, everything is a cycle.. I guess what I'm saying is I recognize that especially not on the internet, but in general there's, not always going to be signs something's wrong with someone. Sometimes it really is a good idea to check up on producer friends. Let them know you care. You know? It's easy to imagine anyone sucked into DAW world, lol. but it can also not help our susceptibility to reach out when we need to the most.

& if you clicked on this because you're depressed. Just please stick around. Reach out for help when you need to. My 20's are about to end in a month. Can't say I'm fantastic right this minute lol, but things in life definitely got better beyond my wildest imagination. If it weren't for a friend introducing me to FL 10 idk where I'd be right now, but if I hadn't decided against doing what I was going to do when I was 23 about a few months prior to that I wouldn't be here.. idk why any of us are here at the same time either for all this, but I think it's important that we stick it out and look out for each other the best we can, and ourselves. You may not start writing a masterpiece tonight or tomorrow. Could happen tho :). Might be whenever from now. but you gotta stick around.

but yes if anyone has anything to say I'm interested in hearing about healthy ways to keep the nose on the grindstone or otherwise combat personal troubles. & if not no worries. Just wanted to throw this energy out there in a positive way before i go to sleep.

take care

The FL Studio Ghost
Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 pm

0 x

Re: Producers with experience Coping with Depression.

Yearofthegoat wrote:First of all - don't believ...
Last edited by The FL Studio Ghost on Wed May 01, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “O.f.f T.o.p.i.c”