With mixer on 2nd monitor, how to keep something on top of that?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sdh
Fri May 31, 2019 4:53 am

x

With mixer on 2nd monitor, how to keep something on top of that?

Hey all,

I have a 2 monitor setup and the 2nd one is multitouch and is mainly just for the mixer. To get the mixer to slide over to the 2nd monitor I have to have it "detached", if I don't have it detached it won't go on the 2nd monitor (unless there's some trick I don't know about).

If it is on the 2nd one and I uncheck detached it jumps back to the main monitor.

I would like to set stuff on top of the mixer when it's on the 2nd monitor, like the big clock, the little notebook, maybe a comp/limiter or instrument, whatever, but as soon as I touch the mixer it jumps to the front and whatever I had sitting on it is hidden behind it. Some things I want there while mixing down and so while I know how to get those to pop up front I need them to stay there and I don't see any option like "keep on top"

Is the way to do it there somewhere and I just don't know where it is? If not, any ways around the situation or something? It would help a lot so any help is appreciated.

BTW, I used to have a Windows 8 machine, it differed in how it did the extended monitors in a couple small ways, so in case it matters this is a Windows 10, 64 bit, FL is Producer Edition v20.1.2.887 Signature Bundle that I'll use sometimes 32, sometimes 64 bit.

Thanks!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”