Harmor resets envelopes even if release is set high?

The place to upload Harmor presets and discuss programming.

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
tinytom
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:36 pm

x

Harmor resets envelopes even if release is set high?

A big part of genres like trance involve raising the release time on an envelope which controls both a low pass filter cutoff and the volume of the sound. It lets you turn a pluck into a supersaw simply by raising the release time. This way, even if you play another note, the low pass filter cutoff is still up high from the high release time and the previous note. This can also let you slur together various notes, so it might start as discrete plucks but turn into connected supersaw notes.

Typically this is done with VSTs like Serum, but surely Harmor can do this as well, since it is a basic subtractive synth sound? I have tried emulating this in Harmor using both ADSR and custom drawn envelopes and manipulating the attack/release knobs, sand it sounds nothing like my desired sound.

It seems that Harmor resets the envelopes every time a note is triggered, even if it "should" be in the release time, the way a classic subtractive synth or something like Serum would. This makes it impossible to make the kind of pluck to supersaw transformations that I am thinking of.

Am I missing something? I bet Harmor can do what I want it to do but I am misunderstanding something. Thanks

Return to “Harmor - Presets & Programming”