Well... This seems a bit awkward...

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Trouble_Funk
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:00 pm

x

Well... This seems a bit awkward...

I cant tell if this is just me being utterly stupid, or if it is really doable, but I haven't seen any tutorials on it... so here goes...

What I am trying to do is make sequences... They have long been a mystery to me... They seem to be done different ways in different plugins... the way a sequence, like Gasmatron, is developed in Sytrus seems much different than one done in Omnisphere...

In FLS main framework of the DAW, the channel rack, represents the instruments on the left and the beats on the right, which essentially forms a step sequencer... each unique sequence forms pattern, even though it is usually called a pattern... This seems to be where it gets a bit strange because there is more than one way to enter the notes in the step sequencer... I'll explain two ways, and then get to my question...

The first way, which is what I usually do... is to just pull up a VST, hit record, and then play straight from a keyboard to create the clip/sequence/pattern...

But a second way is to just highlight the beats on the right side of the instruments in a pattern... If it is just drums, this doesnt really alter pitch, but it will work well for stuff like drums, which arent necessarily sustained longer than the beat, and which don't necessarily depend upon pitch...

My question is... is it possible to develop a groove using the second way, save it, and then somehow make a unique voice out of it... At that point, it is essentially a sequence, but it is more of a pattern clip and not really something used as a discreet voice...

I hope I am being clear here... the terminology is kind of hard to explain...

The basic idea would be (first) to develop something like a drum groove as a sequence of several unpitched channels/instruments, and then somehow save it in order to (second) reassign it to a vst under ONE voice and ONE channel and assignable to ANY pitch or group of pitches... so you would (first) get the groove pattern you want, but you could (second) vary the timbre, instruments and pitches at the "reassignment" (second part)...

It seems possible, and doable in a very general way, but I haven't seen it done in any tutorials...

HeathW
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:10 pm

x

Re: Well... This seems a bit awkward...

consolidate a pattern or track.. save the wav.....

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”