Focusrite 2i2 driver issue with FL 20.6

Please report Windows related issues here

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”

Forum rules
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ANNOUNCEMENT

We know many of you are locked-in or under quarantine restrictions at the moment. Our support staff are based in Europe, so they too are being affected by the current situation. We appreciate your patience during this difficult time as we may not be able to respond to support requests quickly as we would like.

Image-Line Management Team

WE NEED DETAILS: Your problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:

1. Specific information - a) FL Studio version & build number, b) what you are doing and what happens exactly, c) step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots - Another great way to demonstrate issues. Get a free screenshot app here. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. A video - The best way of demonstrating many issues. Get a free recorder here. Include mp4 videos to your post from the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.

NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Clem
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:30 am

x

Focusrite 2i2 driver issue with FL 20.6

Hey everyone,

I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 on Windows 10. Audio driver is the latest (Focusrite_USB_4.63.24.564). All other audio devices are disabled.

Ever since the new version (20.6), I'm having this issue where every time I open FL Studio my Windows 10 audio driver is disabled, even though FL Studio plays audio fine. In other words, when I open the DAW, the audio control icon in the bottom right of the screen gets x'd out and I have to go to the sound control panel to re-enable it. This is annoying in itself, but the real issue is that after this happens (every time I open FL Studio), the audio for certain applications gets totally jacked up (really noisy/crackly). For instance, Firefox, windows media player, or FL Studio may play fine, but a game or something will be FUBAR. The only way to fix this is to reinstall the driver and reboot.

Any idea what the deal is here?

Thanks

Robiaster
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:54 pm

x

Re: Focusrite 2i2 driver issue with FL 20.6

Hi there, This is dependent on the capabilitie...

Clem
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:24 pm

x

Thanks for the response. I've got the latest d...

Evyi
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm

x

Hi there. You can get in contact with Focusrit...

Clem
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:51 pm

x

Evyi wrote: ↑Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 pm Hi there...

Evyi
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm

x

Have a look at this page from Focusrite: https:...

Evyi
Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:30 pm

x

You can make sure that the Focusrite is not sel...

Return to “Technical Support (Windows)”