Topo - Hip hop instrumental - Feedback please!

to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
pmiller001
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:23 pm

x

Topo - Hip hop instrumental - Feedback please!

Hey guys! I learned a LOT on this track. I really tried to push my self further, with all the things I've been learning. It was quite the experience. A few things I learned
- Simplicity is underrated. I went through several drafts, and they were all more complicated than the last, ultimately the one that was the least complicated sounded best to me.
- Everything needs room to breath. I have a BAD habit of putting things over on top of each other. Not layering, but having sounds compete with each other. I'm still learning to give each instrument room to breathe
- Ambiance. I still haven't figured it out completely, but I've been listening to good beats by professionals a lot, and they seem to have a theme, or something that goes through out the entire track. I haven't really GOTTEN it yet, but i'm paying attention.
- Felt not heard. There are so many things that go on thru my favorite tracks that are usually just felt. This one feels like it should have been obvious to me, considering its like 70% of my day job LoL. But yeah. Another thing I"m learning.
- Close your eyes and listen. I was being to visual with a lot of my edits, and rarely did I just sit there and listen. You'll hear what it needs that way, rather than just looking at the arrangement.

These are the thoughts that popped out the most. Please give me yours!

Return to “Song Exchange”