How can I permanently modify the midi range for my mod wheel?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
gperkins95
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:34 am

x

How can I permanently modify the midi range for my mod wheel?

I have an Akai MPK Mini and I am attempting to link the ‘mod wheel’ (which is more of a 360 degree joystick on the MPK Mini - horizontal movement is one modulation source while vertical movement is a separate modulator) so that when I move the wheel up to down the modulation goes from 100% to 0%. However, I see in the debugging log that the mod wheel is at 0% input when the wheel is in a neutral (center) position, but goes to 100% when I move it either up or down all the way. This means I only get half the range of motion and it doesn’t make a difference whether I move the wheel up or down.

How can I change the midi range so that the default neutral position is at 50%, and pulling the wheel downward brings it to 0%, while only reaching 100% when i move it upwards?

For a bit of context - I am attempting to link the horizontal movement of the mod wheel to Mod-X on Harmor and link the vertical movement to Mod-Y. I have no problem getting the full range of motion when linking Mod-X and moving the mod wheel left or right. I have not downloaded any external scripts for this controller as I have not had any compatability issues with any other inputs.

levendis
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:27 am

x

Re: How can I permanently modify the midi range for my mod wheel?

Usually, the solution would be to customise the...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”