Piano Roll - Intonation/Temperament Controls

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
flowersnsunshine
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:53 am

x

Piano Roll - Intonation/Temperament Controls

I would really love the ability to specifically adjust the hz values associated with notes on the piano roll and to be able to save presets built from note values for different intonations. For example: different presets for just intonations of C, C#,D...etc where C=256hz vs C=257hz vs C =257.5hz...etc

When I want to dynamically experiment with intonations, I currently spend a LOT of time tediously creating new instances of Sytrus for every version of a note I need, using the calculator and then manually entering a hz value within Sytrus. Aside from taking an enormous amount of time to set up, this method also makes it very tedious to change the tone of my instrument, because I'd have to make the changes to every single instance of Sytrus individually. On top of that, it's very memory inefficient having 50 instances of Sytrus all in charge of one note each. But I am unaware of another method currently available to achieve the results I desire.

Adding specific intonation customization to the piano rolls for different channels would save me massive amounts of time and would allow many less obsessively determined people to experiment with intonations and produce some really cool music!

Return to “To Do”