Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Bruellbart
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:47 pm

x

New LUC - three ideas (pls comment)

Greetings,

I've got three ideas for the upcoming contest, but I'd like to let you comment your thoughts on them before I choose which one it finally will be. Please don't propose any other ideas, because it will be one of those three. Just write which one is the most appealing to you and comment if you see any problems with those ideas that may have slipped through my mind.

1. AUTO-MAY-CHANCE

I often find myself in a position where I get satisfied a little too soon and don't want to go the extra mile to get the last 10% out of a track via automations. This contest is about each and any channel (synths, percussion, samples and so on) having some kind of audible automation for at least a few seconds, may it be volume, panning, cutoff, whatever. It might be some knob in the sampler, of an applied FX or within the synth itself.

2. ONE SYNTH TO RULE THEM ALL

The idea is very simple: pick one synth (but as many instances of it as you want) and stick with it. You may use percussion options FL provides in the current installer, but completely irrelevant bonus points will be awarded if one gets the chosen synth to do percussion stuff, too (easy mode: FLEX - intermediate: Sytrus - expert: 3xOSC). Please provide the name of your synth in any manner within the song title for better comparability.
(I'd love to get a PoiZone only track ;D)

3. THE INTRO THEME

Create an intro/theme for an existing or fictional movie, tv series, video game etc. and write just a few words to describe your chosen medium (Anime, action, Sci-Fi etc.). Memorable themes like Magnum, Doom or Pokémon come into my mind.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance :)

HowBoutSomeSnus
Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:15 pm

x

Re: New LUC - three ideas (pls comment)

Man, these are all great contest ideas. Might s...

Sirous
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:40 am

x

1. Not bad but is it interesting enough? Maybe ...

Audiobusters
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:33 pm

x

I like 2 and 3. But right now I'd personally pr...

MvR
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:04 pm

x

Number 3 for SURE. These are the kinds of conte...

Bruellbart
Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:11 pm

x

Thanks for your comments, I stick with idea #2,...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”