NFS Carbon (Ekstrak-Belt)

Recreations of epic sounds using our products

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BadHombres
Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:06 pm

x

NFS Carbon (Ekstrak-Belt)

Idk how many of your guys had the privilege of playing Carbon, but the sound track is IMMACULATE. A perfect mix of rock, edm, and hiphop/grime. However, one of the sounds that I've always wanted to recreate is that bass saw stab/pluck form Ekstrak-Belt.

I've hypothesized as to how to get that sound:

1) Saw----->Unison but heavily detuned
2) Obvious LP filter with slight resonance
3) Maybe some slight filter movement (letting some high frequencies pass)
4) There's definitely a phaser. I just don't know the values for center, feedback, mix, offset, etc

With all this in mind, I decided to recreate it in Vital and Sawer and Sawer ended up winning by a mile. For some reason, the saw from Sawer sounds grittier than Vital's. I will try to recreate it in Sytrus and Harmor even if I don't think it will sound the same as Sawer bc Sytrus doesn't have a phaser and Harmor has a distinct additive sound to it. I've also decided to upload the patch for Sawer because I want feedback from the community as to how I can get closer to the sound I want.

inb4 somebody mentions theres's layers:
-Yes there is a quiet saw lead layer that is probably 2 octaves above the bass
-And there might be another layer that I'm not hearing very well
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zephyrean
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:48 am

x

Re: NFS Carbon (Ekstrak-Belt)

Perhaps something like this.  
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Epic Sound Design & Recreation Forum”