Does Fl studio still process all unused channels ? Performance Issue with bigger sessions

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Irnslth
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:03 pm

x

Does Fl studio still process all unused channels ? Performance Issue with bigger sessions

Hi,
I work on games music so I'm used to work with really huge sessions and noticed the performance got worse and worse even if I play the same number of channels at once. Like, I can get clicks with 100% cpu even if I'm playing a solo audio clip on the playlist.
Rendering is an issue too and get very slow as the session get bigger even if I am currently rendering the same numbers of channels... (and I use smart disable)

I'm currently working on a session with 600 patterns and severals arrangements that contains :
90 mixer fx
293 channel generators
25 automation clips
338 audio clips

For the purpose of testing I selected only 1m20 of the session and deleted all arrangements, channels, audio clips, and automations clips not related to this section.
It made a light session with :
90 mixer fx
49 channel generators
1 automation clips
40 audio clips

When playing across the selection I get 40% fl cpu usage with the light session, 70-95% with the full session.
The most critical part is the rendering time, to export the same 1m20 of the playlist it take 50s with the light session, vs 7m15 with the full session... for rendering exactly the same audio content.

I have worked daily with FL for years but this is the biggest performance issue I have with it...

I'm using smart disable on all my plugins and have a buffer size of 256.
FL 21.0.2[3399]
pc specs:
I9900K, 32go RAM, 2To Sabrent Rocket Nvme SSD, Focusrite 2i2.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”