Patcher: Remember which plugins have their windows open

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
moighonfweeman
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:47 am

x

Patcher: Remember which plugins have their windows open

TLDR: Make it so that there's an option to "remember" which plugins within Patcher have open windows, and restore those windows upon re-opening Patcher.

I often use Patcher to "wrap" certain plugins.
For instance, a saturation plugin might be "wrapped" with a brace of emphasis/de-emphasis EQs.
This means that there are situations where I need to interact with controls in the plugin itself as well as those in Patcher's control surface.

Currently, in order to open both sets of controls onscreen, I need to open Patcher, click on "Map", double click the plugin (which might be buried in a complex web of routing), and click back on "Surface".
This isn't ideal in terms of ergonomics.
Instead, it would be much better if the patcherized plugin I want could just open alongside Patcher in a single click.

I'd like to point out two things:
(1) There already exists an option to auto-hide plugin windows upon closing Patcher. This is great and what I'm asking for is essentially this functionality in reverse when opening Patcher.
(2) Patcher presets are already capable of remembering which plugin windows are open, and will re-open the windows when loading the preset for the first time. This is also great and what I'm asking for is essentially this functionality applied to every time I open the Patcher window, instead of just when I initially load a preset.

Return to “To Do”