High Resolution Loop Point Automation In Sampler (NOT DIRECTWAVE)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
TommyMcMusic
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:39 am

x

High Resolution Loop Point Automation In Sampler (NOT DIRECTWAVE)

So in a previous thread I asked "Is there a way to automate loop point within FL, like this in Logic for example - "

Thread here

I had a few replies;

User1 - You can use DirectWave.
Set the Loop Type e.g. to Forward, place the Loop End to the end of the sample, then lower the value while the sample is playing.

Me - Ahh ok, seems like you have to buy DirectWave to do this NOTE - (surely this should be something done in sampler no?)

User2 - Just a heads up: DirectWave's loop point knobs have a terrible resolution when automating. Play around with the demo before buying it or upgrading your version.

User3 - Nor is there a crossfade.

User4 - Yeah I wouldn't recommend using Direct wave for that. As stated above the resolution is terrible. If you plan on doing long sequences with the loop getting really really short and want it to sound smooth I'd recommend checking this great tutorial out (for kontakt tho)
But yeah imo FL really needs to be able to have a quick and easy way to do this. Simpler in ableton and that new simple sampler in logic pro do it great. It'd be nice if we could do that directly in FL's sampler and have some way to smooth it out. Having to bring up kontakt only to do this simple task is kindof overkill imo and often kills my workflow

So yeah a way to do this within the sampler would be ideal at a high resolution to achieve a great result. :!:

Return to “To Do”