evesira
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:47 pm

x

I made a midi humanizer app to use with FL Studio

Web app:
https://vincerubinetti.github.io/midi-humanizer/

Source code (report issues and suggest features here):
https://github.com/vincerubinetti/midi-humanizer

I often want to sequence in notes on the grid, then add some randomness to make them feel more human. FL lets you randomize velocities, but not note starts and durations†. Here is a web app I made to do just that.

In FL, ctrl + shift + M from a piano roll to export as midi, drag it into this web app, randomize it, save it, then drag the download back into the piano roll.

I used this on a recent song and it saved so much time. I've tested it a bit with some FL Studio midis, but not much else, so let me know if you find bugs or edge cases. It relies on a third party package to parse and save the midis (converting them to JSON for the app to work with), so that might be a limiting factor. FL midi exports seems to have some quirks with creating blank midi tracks just for names, and other apps might have other quirks. But hopefully any midi formatting quirks shouldn't affect your ability to use the tool for its purpose.

† Yes I know about quantizing to patterns, but this is insufficient. You need to create a new random pattern for every distinct randomization you want to do, like making all your seeds manually. It also doesn't work well with phrases that switch between rhythm subdivisions, e.g. between 8th notes and triplets. What you truly want a lot of the time is just taking whatever rhythm is there, and adding random +/-.

It'd be really cool if FL just built in something like this! I've seen it requested a bunch of times in this forum/reddit/etc.

nucleon
Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:33 pm

x

Re: I made a midi humanizer app to use with FL Studio

evesira wrote: ↑Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:47 pm Web ap...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”