Is There A Way to Easily Convert Generators to Effects and Vice Versa?

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
LETT
Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:06 pm

x

Is There A Way to Easily Convert Generators to Effects and Vice Versa?

Hey all,

Hopefully my question is straightforward, but I have been building out a Patcher preset that is currently a Generator. It's built in such a way that a 3rd party synth is going into a 3rd party FX plugin. I was wondering if there's a way that I can take all of my work so far and copy it over or save it as a preset that works as a Patcher loaded into the Mixer as an FX plugin. Basically trying to move what's on the left to the right (minus Serum) in the screenshot below.
2023-06-07 18_05_11-FL Studio 21.png
2023-06-07 18_05_11-FL Studio 21.png (375.04 KiB) Viewed 728 times
I notice the main issue is that FL Studio Out on Generators send out green nodes for MIDI/Event data, and for Effect fx plugins, FL Studio Out is a yellow node and is audio based. I have tried saving a version of the Patcher .fst without any generator instrument/synth in it, and moving it over to the Effects subfolder for where the presets are. Trying to load the .fst in my Mixer just defaults to my preset loading onto the Channel Rack as a generator instead.

Is there any good way to resave this so it works in the Mixer, or am I out of luck and will I need to build it from scratch again? I know that one thing that helps a bit is I can save all the work I did on the Control Surface as a preset, so at the bare minimum, my Surface is saved as a preset, and I can start with that in rebuilding as an Effect preset.

As far as I know though, there's no good way to copy and paste or move anything under the hood in Patcher from one preset to another, or there's no way to remove out and replace the 'FL Studio Out' part at the start from green node to yellow node.

Is this a limitation I have to accept for the time being, or are there any workarounds I'm unaware of? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
LETT

LETT
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:08 pm

x

Re: Is There A Way to Easily Convert Generators to Effects and Vice Versa?

accident double post
Last edited by LETT on Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Patcher - Presets”