#12903 New detached plugin windows are now opened on the same screen as the FL Studio window (SERIOUSLY ANNOYING)

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
D3Mens
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:15 am

x

#12903 New detached plugin windows are now opened on the same screen as the FL Studio window (SERIOUSLY ANNOYING)

IL, please... People asked for a way to choose where plugins should open, not to be forced to open all their plugins on the wrong screen!

With this change you just made things worse.

This is my multi-screen setup, and #2 is my main screen, where the taskbar is. I have all my FL windows and plugins detached and FL's main window is only on screen 1 because it is maximized and it allows me to see stuff behind FL without having to minimize the whole FL software (eg. I can reach a folder on the desktop by just hiding the mixer/playlist/piano roll)
explorer_2023-06-09_11-52-28.png
why the heck would I want all my plugins to open on the most left screen which is not even my main screen? Now I have to constantly drag my plugins over my main screen because of this.

In FL 20.9.2 all my plugins opened on my main monitor. That was perfect!

There are users with a different multi-screen setup?
Then rather than changing stuff without a clue, change them so that you don't have to think about it ever again.

Add a General Option

"All plugins open on screen # [...] <----- with a number selector like we have for Preview mixer track/Metronome....

By switching screen you just jumped from one (wrong) solution to the other without even thinking of the consequences. What did you solve by making this change?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”