3x Osc: LFO rate w/ fractional options

Support, Project sharing, Discussion and more...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”

Forum rules
Asking for help? WE NEED DETAILS: problems will be addressed faster if you follow these suggestions:
  1. Specific information - a) FL Studio Mobile version number, b) What you are doing and what happens exactly, c) Step-by-step instructions how reproduce the problem.
  2. Screenshots / Videos - Both great way to demonstrate issues. Include images using the 'Attachments' tab, at the bottom of the post edit window.
  3. Did you read the manual? - In FL Studio Mobile tap - Help > Manual. See it here.
  4. Use English - Google Translate your post. Short simple sentences in your original language translate best. We are happy to work this way, no need to worry.
NOTE: Technical Support is ONLY available Monday - Friday (9 am to 5 pm Central European Time), thank you.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ChikuRed
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:16 am

x

3x Osc: LFO rate w/ fractional options

This is a feature request, I thought I'd just put this out there if it isn't already. The 3x Oscillator in FLM is insanely powerful compared to its desktop counterpart, props to whoever put that together, it's impressive. The repertoire of features, I love playing with it, but there's one aspect that makes me grudgingly choose the other oscillators over it. The LFO speed has too much freedom. Most of the time I want the oscillator to lock to some fraction of the beat and keep in time with the other elements of the song. There might be times when sliding between these sweet spots is desired for an effect, but nine times out of ten I want the synth moving with if not outright driving the rhythm.

Is it possible for 3x Osc to have the 1/4, 1/2, 1/1, etc. synchronous LFO rate feature that the other synths use?

When I try to use 3x Osc, I always find myself in the position of inching the speed wheel by pixels back and forth, trying to find the sweet spot. Sometimes, when I think I have it and enable the other song elements, the speed turns out to be just slightly out of sync. Maybe not enough to be jarring, but noticeable once you hear it, and then always noticeable. Here's a video:

Because of this I typically just avoid the LFO altogether. Some oscillations can be done by automating the knobs and drawing out the LFO waveform, but it's not as clean.

_GamerKZ_
Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 am

x

Re: 3x Osc: LFO rate w/ fractional options

Agreed! I think what they should do is remove t...

Dyslan
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:29 pm

x

_GamerKZ_ wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 am Agr...

Dyslan
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:32 pm

x

ChikuRed wrote: ↑Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:16 am This ...

Return to “FL Studio Mobile”