Sustain pedal acting like staccato

Discuss MIDI Controller support/issues here

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Swimmyy
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:31 pm

x

Sustain pedal acting like staccato

Hello. This is a problem I've seen on the forum like 5 times but I can't fix it in my case so I desperately post here to find help.

I use a Kawai MP11 as my MIDI Controller and I plug it via USB.
The problem is exactly the same as in this video I found of someone having the same issue :
However it only happens in a specific case :
If you look at the picture I attached, you can see the MIDI OUT Zones. If I only enable one, sustain pedal works perfectly however the DAW doesn't seem to capture dynamics properly (i mean velocity etc) as it should and the sound is very quiet.
When I enable 2 or more, the pedal doesn't work anymore and does that staccato thing. However I can hear my instrument properly and it seems like it captures my dynamics well enough.

I mostly use Spitfire and Kontakt libraries but the issue happens in any plugin, even FL stock ones.

I also recorded a video of me playing to show the issues but my internet is very slow so if you need it I can provide.

I really hope a savior can come fix the problem since I couldn't find ANY solution that worked for me.

Thanks for your time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HDSQ
Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:08 am

x

Re: Sustain pedal acting like staccato

Hello! Sorry to hear you're having this issue. ...

Swimmyy
Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:57 pm

x

Here are the screenshots of each step in order....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HDSQ
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:21 pm

x

Sorry for the delay. All those events seem norm...

Return to “MIDI Controller Support”