Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Nathan Donnelly
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:40 pm

x

Intuitive Way to Rename & Delete Sliced / Recorded Audio

Hi all,

Curious if there may be a better way to do this than hitting 'Unique as Sample' on the audio, saving into a new folder, then deleting the old version out of wherever it may have been recorded / bounced to. Maybe what I'm thinking of could be a to-do if there's enough interest.

I'd be interested in a "Move & Rename" option for rendered audio. I use the consolidate audio function a lot, but often, if I'm just getting started on a project and haven't organized my project yet, all this audio will be saved as "Track ##" or "Pattern ##." My sliced audio and audio rendered folders currently look like a dumpster fire of a bunch of these files.

I think in theory, if I started hitting "Unique as Sample" and moving and renaming these files, when I close the project (if I have this option enabled) the software will ask me if I want to delete any unused audio files recorded during that session. I'm always hesitant do this though because I don't want to accidentally lose any recorded files that may be of use later, or accidentally screw up one of my projects.

Wondering what you all think?

Thanks,
Nathan.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”