Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dan-CF
Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:36 am

x

FL Studio 'Profiles'. Listen up!

Hi guys

I guess some of you are aware that these days, there's a trend to simplify the music making process because sometimes modern computing technology can be overwhelming in a creative environment.

Some of those ideas include limiting yourself to one VST and a few one-shots per project for example, which many times proves useful and you're able to get ideas down fast.

Given these days everyone has a load of plugins, maybe something can be done about that. I don't wanna over inflate my idea but I believe it could be a new standard feature.

Maybe we can have several 'profiles' in FL Studio (not templates).

Let's say I create a profile and name it 'Simple 1'.

While creating this profile, I can assign only a few sample folders and 1,2,3.. or whatever number of VSTs I want to limit myself to for this project.

Once I start the project under this profile, it shouldn't be possible to add or remove any plugins except use the already assigned ones, unless I start a completely new project.

Adding or removing plugins whether from the '+' in the channel rack or the browser, we should only be able to see the assigned plugins and samples 'as if' these are the only ones installed on the PC.

This will be a immensely useful feature and would be fun to play with and will have what would be useful limitations that could spark a wave of creativity, effective time-management and simplify the process of making music, even so making it more fun and enjoyable.

I hope this can get traction and you would see it for the usefulness and fun it can bring.

Thanks

CyndaquilDAC
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:46 am

x

Re: FL Studio 'Profiles'. Listen up!

I don't think forcibly limiting people from usi...

Dan-CF
Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:47 am

x

Re: FL Studio 'Profiles'. Listen up!

On the contrary, first it's not a death sentenc...

Return to “To Do”