Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Trancelmania
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:16 pm

x

Mixer panning vs fruity balance difference test

Both fruity balance's panning and the mixer's panning are true pan i.e. left into right or right into left.

Fruity balance has built in circular pan law of 3db louder to the max sides and i have circular panning on for the project so mixer pan will then do the same.

But i noticed that it behaved differently to fruity balance if i have the following scenario and wondered what it is doing different and if it is a bug or not...

1) Make sure circular panning is chosen in project settings and send a sound with some stereo information to any track.

2) Load a fruity stereo shaper there and set it to the side only preset (use preset called "aside" don't use "side" which ironically isn't the normal side only preset).

3) Then load a fruity balance after the stereo shaper and pan one way or the other, then reset to centre and use the mixer pan to do same and you'll notice it behaves differently.

Why?

Of course panning a side signal with true pan should continually fade down in volume until it disappears fully at hard pan as the two mixing channels cancel each other out, this is indeed the case using fruity balance but panning with the mixer pan is different, it fluctuates level around half pan point and doesn't progressively lower in the same way.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”