Fruity Formula Controller: SAW Signal 8 Bars long and 128 Steps (Solved)

Share your Patcher presets here

Return to “Patcher - Presets”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Xaos
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:08 pm

x

Fruity Formula Controller: SAW Signal 8 Bars long and 128 Steps (Solved)

Looking for some advice from some of the mathematical geniuses here.
Of course, my knowledge of Fruity Formula Controller formulas is a bit limited or just conceptually beyond my imagination.
For the chord database and the player, I'm working on a clock synchronised with the computer time and FL tempo.
The idea would be like a ramp, 8 bars long and divided into 128 steps, 16 steps per bar.
I think that with this type of clock, it is the only way to keep all objects in sync.
By using different clocks or even the oscillator of the Peak Controller, the synchronization becomes unstable in the end.
So, I have a source formula that will create the saw signal 8 bars long.

Code: Select all

Frac(Time*GetTempo/1920000)
In a second instance of FFC, I divide this 8-bar ramp into 128 incremental steps.

As usual, when using the INTER function to create the steps, it is like a mud fight with decimals.
It doesn't matter if I work with more or less decimals, because the result is the same, between each step, in most cases there is a spike.
Drawing 2.jpg
Drawing 2.jpg (95.87 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Drawing 3.jpg
Drawing 3.jpg (79.49 KiB) Viewed 371 times
In the end, for me to get a ramp with 128 clean steps, I have to work with integers and use the ROUND function to eliminate any trace of decimal numbers.
Drawing 1.jpg
Drawing 1.jpg (86.5 KiB) Viewed 371 times
Drawing 4.jpg
Drawing 4.jpg (86.58 KiB) Viewed 371 times
So the process is long and tedious and inefficient, more in the style of the Flintstones, but that's the best I can think of.

I don't know if in the same formula I use to create the 8-bar long ramp, it would be possible to divide it at the same time in those 128 steps. Here's the question.
Last edited by Xaos on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Omnifold
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:45 am

x

Re: Frutiy Formula Controller SAW Signal 8 Bars long and 128 Steps

Xaos wrote: ↑Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:08 pm Is th...
Attachments

Omnifold
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:49 pm

x

Re: Frutiy Formula Controller SAW Signal 8 Bars long and 128 Steps

Xaos wrote: ↑Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:04 am Hows T...
Attachments

Return to “Patcher - Presets”