Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BobTape
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:47 am

x

OPEN AKAI FIRE

Hello ImageLine,

I have one small request for a firmware update for the AKAI fire midi console (which AKAI has worked with you on).

As a DIYer I tried to create a MIDI message converter to SYSEX format, which AKAI FIRE uses to control the display and backlight pads, to make the MIDI controller more versatile (and I could use it in other programs like TRAKTOR PRO 3). Unfortunately I failed in making it, I really tried and devoted several weeks to it, but my efforts were in vain (apparently I used the wrong hw/sw combination). I got to a point where I could control the display, but the correct LED control of the individual pads was very poor. So this effort was abandoned and now I will try to ask you directly to modify the firmware in AKAI Fire, it is clear to me that you have no need to open the console to other programs, but for the step sequencer in TRAKTOR pro 3 it would certainly be spectacular and the musician community would appreciate this step.

How could the modification behave:
- Each pad would now support a standard midi message with 127 of the most common backlight colors (even 16 common colors would suffice).
- The OLED display would show the 4 virtual potentiometers (bar, or virtual potentiometer), if standard MIDI messages start coming in regarding the position of any virtual potentiometer (simultaneous visual representation of the position of each of the 4 infinite encoders on the OLED display), this would be implemented again with standard MIDI messages.
- Standard messages for the other buttons and LEDs.

The advantages of this idea:
- it does not clash with the existing SYSEX approach, it just extends it and opens up new possibilities of using the midi console with other programs.
- better marketability of the AKAI FIRE console.
- AKAI FIRE users' delight
- A simple way to greatly expand awareness of your great AKAI FIRE controller.

- The controller will finally be a standard midi-controller, as you proclaim on its product website

In return
- I will prepare a free mapping for the console for AKAI FIRE to use the step sequencer in Traktor pro 3.
- I will make a celebratory video of this helpful step.

Thank you for considering my request and for possibly modifying the firmware.
Your loyal user Lubomir Brezina
334433397_666710628588158_1491065134245978798_n.jpg
Snímek obrazovky_15-3-2024_163421_www.akaipro.com.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”