What is the difference between the "Audio" and "Samples" sub-folders in a project folder?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
BrienWithAnE
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 am

x

What is the difference between the "Audio" and "Samples" sub-folders in a project folder?

I am leaning into utilizing "project data folders", love this feature!

I've noticed that sometimes when I enable "copy used samples to the project folder" it is creating a sub-folder called "Samples" and when I tried to look into how the project data folders work I saw that this is not one of the expected sub-folders listed in the documentation. https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-le ... %20Backups

It seems like sliced audio, recorded, and rendered files are supposed to go to "Audio" and imported samples are supposed to go to "Samples".

However, it appears I have some projects that are saving the imported samples to the "Audio" folder. It seems like I have a few different projects handling these 2 folders in different ways... saving imported and recorded samples to one folder, or both, or not the one I expected, etc.

Did something about the project folders change in a recent release? Can anyone help me understand how these 2 folders work?

Thank you!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”