Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Dizzler
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:17 pm

x

AI music is getting so real, that i actually found a song it made on spotify

So we probably all know(or assume) that these AI Music Models are using copyrighted songs as an input to train their models.(which turns out to be 100% true)
But alot of people think that the AI is doing its "AI Magic" and is outputting NEW, never before heard sounds and songs.
Which turns out it doesnt.

It just copies parts of popular pieces and tries to blend them together or rearranges them. And for vocals it seems to straight up steal artists voices.
The newly launched AI website Udio already got called out by this guy yesterday on Twitter (link below this post⬇️)
and they went into panic mode real quick and already disabled their manual mode(which gives you more control to guide the AI) and deleted tons of songs that were generated.

I then listened to like 30 songs on their website aswell and i found this song
https://www.udio.com/songs/ogwyyhLeeSnbjQvv4zM3i2 (its still available but i will upload a screencapture aswell because its most likely getting deleted in the next days due to copyright)
This song is basically using XXXTENTACION´s voice, not just a bit, its his voice(if you dont know him just listen to 1-2 songs for like 20sec and you will easily recognize it)
Alot of the song seems to be from his song "ALONE, PART 3",especially the drum section near the end.
If you stack both drum parts on top of each other, tempo match them, you actually get 1 song, it doesnt even sound like 2 songs anymore, they perfectly blend together.

So this is why some people already say that they like the songs or cant tell if its AI or not (if you forget about the mixing and mastering issues for a second ofc),because its simply real songs that are stolen lol.

So its fair to assume that most, if not all, songs that are AI generated copy alot from original songs(no "AI magic" of the AI getting "inspired"(like real musicians)). But the problem is that almost nobody who creates them is gonna notice because they dont know the thousands, if not millions, of songs that they used to train it on. So most people think they just created something completly new and unique, when in fact its just a copy/copies of existing songs.

Just wanted to share this because i think its important for people to know how these AI music websites work and that it all just works based on stealing other (mostly famous) peoples music. If they dont do that, their AI model falls apart and only produces complete crap.

Let me know your opinions !

Edit: i found this interesting article about AI music online(and it copying stuff),also worth checking out if you are curious about the whole topic:
"https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/ ... music-too/"

""
UDIO AI xxxtentacion 720p 2.mp4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Dizzler on Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J-&dre
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:35 pm

x

Re: AI music is getting so real, that i actually found a song it made on spotify

AI s very good at logic and mimic. At first the...
Last edited by J-&dre on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

ASUNDER
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 am

x

Re: AI music is getting so real, that i actually found a song it made on spotify

Trancit wrote: ↑Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:34 pm So let...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”