FL 21 Percussion Mushy On Overlap (Snare/Hat Brush Etc)

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Draconyite
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:38 pm

x

FL 21 Percussion Mushy On Overlap (Snare/Hat Brush Etc)

Hey, I'm having an issue I can't figure out how to resolve and surely there must be a setting I can change this.
I have clips/songs I've made in FL 20 and below that, after importing to FL 21, sound "mushy" on the percussion.
For example, snares lose their snappy "bite" after several notes play in sequence and hat brushes lose the ability to bleed together which ruins trying to emulate real drum kits and how sounds overlap in a live environment.
I can't seem to find any articles about this online, and I can't get help on reddit because I guess the FL studio forum there won't let new members post and I have no need to use any of the rest of the site, so I'm turning to you kind folks for any assistance.
I don't think it's a "bug" or a "tech support" issue, but please let me know if it actually is as I have no way of knowing. I'm guessing there's a new way audio is processed and there must be a setting to adjust to have it work how FL 20 and lower used to.

I'm including an unlisted link to a short cut-out of a particular project where the sound difference is rather egregious. Clip shows the snares isolated in the project playing in FL 21 for a few short measures, then I play an MP3 export of the same song that I made a long while back in FL 20. You should be able to hear the difference.

Any suggestions would be welcome, as I'm driving myself nuts trying to hunt and peck for any kind of setting or knob I can adjust.
Note: I'm using pretty much all the default settings and other than Drumpad and Reeverb 2, there's no other plugins or generators active, nor any envelopes or slices going on, everything else is out-of-the-box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWAXPaAvXPU

Scott
Site Admin
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:02 am

x

Re: FL 21 Percussion Mushy On Overlap (Snare/Hat Brush Etc)

Draconyite wrote: ↑Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:38 pm He...

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”