Please Add Option to Remove the Channel Rack and Sequencer completely..

It's in development so expect the unexpected!

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
J-DoneIt
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:42 am

x

Please Add Option to Remove the Channel Rack and Sequencer completely..

I think many people including myself would agree that having the Track Notches in the Playlist acting as the Channel Rack would save so many people LOADS of time, Just as Ableton does for those who dont really need a sequencer. For me? I feel that FL Studio's Piano Roll is the best in the Business.
How It would work.
Right clicking the Track 1 Notch in the Playlist would bring up your Plugin Menu just like in channel 1 in the Channel Rack.
The Plugin Menu would popup on the Right, the Playlist Menu Options attached to the same menu, but the List Tree would be to the left,
where you still have the option to "Fill Each 2 Steps, Fill Each 4 Steps, and so on", The Length of the sequence being defined by the length you stretched the Pattern.
IE: 4 bars, 8 Bars, or whatever really.
Could even add a "Sequencer" button to pull up a single Sequencer if you wanted it.

Upon adding a plugin or dragging and dropping a sample to a Notch (Sampler), in the Playlist, a Pattern is automatically created, Named either the Plugin or Sample, and (Optionally) Automatically Routed.

Creating Automation Clips would simply add an empty Slot under the pattern it is effecting. Being auto named what the effect is as per usual.
Though the Slot it takes up is not Numbered, as it does not need one.
Any slot you move the Automation Clip too, also creates it's own Slot, But for the sake of Organization I'm not sure why you would do that unless you were automating multiple Channel's in a group or a Bus, in which case, a bus Channel Automation could just have its own Slot as well.
Master Automation Clips would appear on the Top most part of the Playlist Above Track 1, with the option to move it wherever as well.

Im sure this has been requested a thousand times before... But truly, it would be a Game changer.
I say add this as an Option in General Settings.

EDIT Please forgive me if this is not the right place to post this.
But you Coder's are Genius's and I'm sure this can be done.
Thank you for all your hard work.

Return to “FL Studio Beta & Release Candidate Testing”