Is there a way to debounce a continuous stream of MIDI CC signals?

Discuss how to use FL Studio

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”

Forum rules
Please read them here.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
luciphercolors
Fri May 03, 2024 3:46 am

x

Is there a way to debounce a continuous stream of MIDI CC signals?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is posted somewhere simple, but it's kind of hard to google. Basically, is there some way within FL to "de-bounce" the CC data that is sent from a device that sends a continuous stream of MIDI CC data?

My use case is a Theremini hooked up via USB -- it presents itself as a MIDI device and transmits the values of each of its antennae as a continuous stream of MIDI CC events. This causes a lot of problems: for one, you can't have the device on and assign any automation with the 'auto' button checked, as the dialog box will think that the the line noise from the Theremini is me twiddling a knob. (So I just end up turning the thing on and off a lot)

It would be nice I could somehow filter the data so that the only MIDI CC signals that are let through relate to actual hand movements on the Theremini. But I realize this is an incredibly niche use-case and I fully expect to have to come up with some solution on my own; I'm wondering if FL Studio provides some functionality that I may have overlooked that might be helpful.

Thank you!

Return to “FL Studio Users Forum (Looptalk)”