FLKey 37 Issue

MIDI Controllers FL Studio officially supports

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Ace High
Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:50 am

x

FLKey 37 Issue

My Wife got me a Christmas Present. She got me the FLKey 37 which I am in love with, but I am having connection issues. I know nothing about scripting, and I need support to get it up and running. It does not show that it is receiving Midi data from the keyboard. I have a Novation Launch key 25 that works fine when plugged in. Can someone assist me to get it going, Thank you in advance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HDSQ
Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:48 pm

x

Re: FLKey 37 Issue

Sorry to hear this is happening. Your MIDI settings look correct to me so I'm not 100% sure what's going on with it. Could you try a couple of things for me, checking between steps to see if any of them help?
  1. Use Novation Components to update the firmware of the FLKey (if there is new firmware available)
  2. Update to the latest FL Studio version (21.0.1) if you haven't already
  3. Reboot your PC
  4. Try connecting the controller to a different USB port
  5. Try connecting it using a different USB cable
  6. Try using it with a different MIDI program to see if it's an issue with FL Studio
  7. Use Components to reset the controller to its factory defaults
If none of that works, it could be an issue with the hardware, so you should contact Novation to organise an exchange. Let me know how it goes!

Ace High
Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:20 pm

x

It turns out that I had to update the script by unzipping the file and placing it in the hardware folder in FL Studio 21. It solved the problem for anyone who has an issue, remember to check the script. Thanks you for your reply

Regards,
Ace...

BmaddFL
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:07 pm

x

Hey,

could you let me know which file and exactly the path where you placed the file?

I'm having the same issue.

Thanks

Ace High
Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:59 pm

x

BmaddFL,
go to your documents/imageline/Fl Studio/Settings/Hardware.
Unzip the script file into the hardware file. Then restart the computer. Let me know
I have attached the file below
Thanks,
Ace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BmaddFL
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:25 pm

x

Thanks for the reply!

unfortunately not working for me.

seems like the controller is not sending midi messages any more.

I've tried it with Midi-ox and Flstudio and can't get it to send, while other devices work fine..

HDSQ
Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:59 am

x

BmaddFL wrote:
Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:25 pm
Thanks for the reply!

unfortunately not working for me.

seems like the controller is not sending midi messages any more.

I've tried it with Midi-ox and Flstudio and can't get it to send, while other devices work fine..
That's unfortunate to hear. See if you can get it to load in Novation Components, and try doing a firmware update and factory reset. If that doesn't work, contacting Novation support to get a replacement is your best bet.

E.J.S
Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:26 pm

x

I'm having the same problem. Settings are perfect but only the keys, pads and pitch wheel is working. Everything else just shows the green "?" mark when pressed. 1 singular update, and everything FL-compatible goes to shits every time..

ohmthepoet
Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:42 am

x

same here with the keys and pitch wheel. It works as a generic controller but isnt sending any midi data to the DAW. So its just not working at all like its supposed to

mistermotel
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:14 pm

x

I have the exact same issue. Non of the FL Controls work anymore since the latest FL Studio update.
Not even with FLEX or any vst. It's just a very basic midi controller now.
Settings have not changed since I have bought the thing when it just came out.
But somehow FL Studio messed up all my midi controllers with the last update.

HDSQ
Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:19 am

x

mistermotel wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:14 pm
I have the exact same issue. Non of the FL Controls work anymore since the latest FL Studio update.
Not even with FLEX or any vst. It's just a very basic midi controller now.
Settings have not changed since I have bought the thing when it just came out.
But somehow FL Studio messed up all my midi controllers with the last update.
Hello! Can you share screenshots of your MIDI settings (F10) and each tab of the script output (Ctrl+Alt+S)? Hopefully that will help to track down the issue!

mistermotel
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:57 pm

x

I have this exact same issue as well. Just updated everything including the FL Studio to the latest version and the firmware of the FLKey37 hoping this would help. But my transport buttons etc don't work either, I just get the question mark the same as the others say here. It's just a basic midi keyboard now instead of a dedicated FL controller.

HDSQ
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:42 am

x

mistermotel wrote:
I have this exact same issue as well. Just updated everything including the FL Studio to the latest version and the firmware of the FLKey37 hoping this would help. But my transport buttons etc don't work either, I just get the question mark the same as the others say here. It's just a basic midi keyboard now instead of a dedicated FL controller.
Hello! Can you share a screenshot of your MIDI settings? It could also be worth checking to see if this issue also affects you (let me know since I'm trying to hunt for the root cause of it).

neurona
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:49 am

x

Same issue happening to me on fl Keys 61. Most of the things doesnt work propperlly even the lights fade out when i run fl studio latest versión. Please image line we need some help here. :cry:

HDSQ
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:17 am

x

neurona wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:49 am
Same issue happening to me on fl Keys 61. Most of the things doesnt work propperlly even the lights fade out when i run fl studio latest versión. Please image line we need some help here. :cry:
Hello! To help track down the issue, can you share a bit more information with me?
  • A screenshot of your MIDI settings (press F10 to open it)
  • A screenshot of each tab of the script output window (press Ctrl+Alt+S to open it)

ChessTax
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:56 pm

x

HDSQ wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:42 am
mistermotel wrote:
Hello! Can you share a screenshot of your MIDI settings? It could also be worth checking to see if this issue also affects you (let me know since I'm trying to hunt for the root cause of it).
Hi, I'm also having the same problem. only the keys and the pads work while the rest of the buttons show the green question mark (recording bottons, mixer, channel rack presets etc). I've checked for the latest update on novation components. Is this an issue with the latest FL update? Here's screenshot of midi settings and also of the

WilliamAshley
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:54 pm

x

Hi,

I have the 49 key and I use the Novation FLkey 49midi under controller type. Is there a 37key controller type. I notice you are using the generic controller.

Novation FL Key 37 DAW
Novation FL Key 37 MIDI

As other controller options if you do not have those controllers perhaps you should try using update midi scripts button on the bottom and see if they appear or manually download them.

MIDI is the normal DAW is for the MIDIIN2 - this is how it works for me in the 49 key variant.

So you might try changing the controller type and see if it fixes the issue for you.

I also have a performance mode set to 2. Pickup is disengaged.

HDSQ
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:44 am

x

ChessTax wrote:
Hi, I'm also having the same problem. only the keys and the pads work while the rest of the buttons show the green question mark (recording bottons, mixer, channel rack presets etc). I've checked for the latest update on novation components. Is this an issue with the latest FL update? Here's screenshot of midi settings and also of the
Hi, this looks like the script didn't install correctly. Can you try following the manual setup steps from this thread?

ChessTax
Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:08 pm

x

HDSQ wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:44 am
ChessTax wrote:
Hi, this looks like the script didn't install correctly. Can you try following the manual setup steps from this thread?
Thanks... Good news, it seems to be working properly now. I hadn't set the controller type corretly to FLkey 37 MIDI/DAW. Another question, does it matter if the 'Microsoft MIDI Mapper' is greyed out?

HDSQ
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:27 am

x

Looks like that's correct - don't worry about Microsoft MIDI Mapper, it's fine for it to be disabled.

Return to “MIDI Controller Reference List”